Subject: Re: [boost] Crypto/hashes library?
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-07 16:40:23

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:26 AM, Howard Hinnant via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> endian taken into account here:

I use endianness only as an easily understood example of an issue that
makes the needs of a cryptographic hash interface different from an
unordered container hash interface. There are other issues, which
require a move involved discussion than I think is appropriate in this
thread. For example, we cannot have distinct cryptographic and
non-cryptographic serialization algorithms for the same type (using
n3980).

The bottom line is that n3980 needs to go through more iteration and
study with respect to its usage for cryptographic hash algorithms
before we can state that the interface is well suited for it.

Thanks