Subject: Re: [boost] BCM - Boost CMake Modules request for endorsement
From: James E. King, III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-21 23:37:59

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 2:24 PM, paul via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Thu, 2017-09-21 at 19:18 +0200, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> > Le 21/09/2017 à 00:01, paul via Boost a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > So the Daniel Pfeifer has agreed to be the review manager for the Boost
> > > Cmake
> > > Modules. I would like ask for an endorsement so we can schedule a
> formal
> > > review for BCM.
> > >
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > I've surely missed the announce of BCM.
> >
> > Could you give the link to the doc and git repository?
>
> Oops, sorry:
>
> https://github.com/boost-cmake/bcm
>
> http://bcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

It makes sense to have a standard repository of cmake modules that can be
acquired
during the build process and shared among all the projects.

I have over 10 years experience using cmake on both large commercial
projects as
well as open source projects (Apache Thrift is in the middle of converting
from automake)
on Windows and Linux. If you need another pair of eyes on reviews I'd be
happy to do so.
Has a baseline minimum cmake version been established yet? I'd recommend
at least 3.2.3
to make sure the language support for C++ is there, especially in
configuration; and later
would be even better.

- Jim