Subject: Re: [boost] BCM - Boost CMake Modules request for endorsement
From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-22 08:46:01

Have a look at Hunter for cmake. It's an automatic dependency manager,
fetcher, builder, cache for cmake dependencies. It understands toolchain
files and ensures that the correct toolchain is used to build and link the
dependencies of your project. It also ensures that dependencies built with
one toolchain cannot to accidentally used on a project built with another.
It segregates dependency installations by toolchain (i.e. target) and
configuration settings.

https://github.com/ruslo/hunter

It integrates with polly, a collection of standard toolchains

https://github.com/ruslo/polly

And also with Sugar - the clean source file management and Doxygen support
that cmake lacks out of the box.

https://github.com/ruslo/sugar

Hunter takes a little while to get used to - the documentation is a little
terse. But once you get it, you realise that it's solved dependency
management for c++.

Ping me direct if you need some help with it or to be pointed at a demo.

Here's a little play project I knocked up using it. It should compile for
any target without modification, provided you use one of the toolchains (-T
option) in polly, or a correct toolchain of your own. If you're building
for the host system there's no need to specify a toolchain.

https://github.com/madmongo1/goblins

Regards,