Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-28 12:26:24

On 28 September 2017 at 15:02, Thorsten Ottosen via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm talking about reading the actual code and having that code being
> self-documenting wrt. the size of the segment.

Current practice is, that one is agnostic about what's actually happening
(the segment size is an implementation detail). The policy should be
defaulted to the current practice. If one wants more control, one *does*
need to read the docs and understand what things mean, yes, that's true. No
free lunch and such. There are thougher nuts to crack learning (modern)
C++, I would think.

de::batch_deque<int, de::bytes_per_segment<512>> does (due to possible
alignment issues) still not give you the number of elements and the other
way around de::batch_deque<int, de::elements_per_segment<512>> does not
give you the segment size, for the same reason.

It could be easily integrated in boost::container::deque without breaking
anything.

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798