Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] Boost.UI - a new C++ GUI library
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-28 15:52:18

That's fine, but it isn't enough to be accepted as a Boost library - yet.

> It is precisely the details of what concepts your library implements
> that will attract interested end-users.

> I do not mean to sound harsh or not be encouraging, but Boost libraries
> try to explain what they are about and are not documented only as a list
> of classes and a set of code examples.

I'd be very encouraging. I suspect it meets a number of people's needs (if niche as you say).

>From a quick view of the documentation, I felt I needed a tutorial to get me started.

You've got an excellent set of examples (and examples are often the most useful to novice users).

You might build on those examples by some text that refers (using links) to many of the examples explaining how/what they show.

Despite its good documenting of functions, class etc, the end results from Doxygen are generally very unpopular with users (often
having been bitten by the deluded who think that just feeding the code into is 'job done').

You haven't made this mistake, using the Doxygen syntax to document functions, class etc., and also using the text facilities to
provide some text. You could consider using Quickbook etc. toolchain that is popular with Boost libraries and users, but that's
quite a big job unless you are sure that you have a user base. Ask me if you want to start on this as I can probably make the
learning curve less precipitous ;-)

Good luck.

Paul

---