Subject: Re: [boost] Modularizing explicit-failures-markup.xml
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-01 18:02:54

AMDG

On 10/01/2017 11:55 AM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Daniel James via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I'm looking into implementing a mechanism for updating
>> explicit-failures-markup.xml without updating the super project.
>
> If I could humbly request a feature, I would like a way to indicate in
> the explicit-failures-markup.xml that my library should not attempt to
> be compiled on a particular configuration. For example, Beast requires
> C++11 so it would be nice if 1. No time was wasted attempting to build
> beast on pre-C++11 environments, and 2. the column in the test matrix
> is colored or shaded to indicate that it is known to be an unsupported
> platform.

explicit-failures-markup.xml only affects the reports.
It doesn't have any way of affecting what is compiled.
You'd need to adjust the test Jamfile for that. (aka config.requires)

> For example, Beast cannot compile on msvc-12 or earlier (because no
> C++11), yet it shows errors in the matrix here:
> <http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/beast.html>
>
> I would like those columns to indicate that it is not a supported platform.

Like this?
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/status/explicit-failures-markup.xml#L43

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe