Subject: Re: [boost] Boost CMake update
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-02 15:33:54

On 10/2/17 8:27 AM, paul via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 21:33 -0700, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> Thats what is being done.
>

>> If that passes and is accepted
>>
>> b) Apply to all the libraries desired.
>
> No, apply to all libraries period, as authors of upstream libraries shouldn't
> hold back a library from moving to cmake.

I think it would be unwise to presume that you can enforce this. Such
approaches have failed in the past. You would be better served by
focusing on creating a system whose benefits are sufficiently compelling
that the question of imposing the new system doesn't arise. To me this
is the main benefit of having such tooling ideas go through the boost
review process.

Robert Ramey