Subject: Re: [boost] [SPAM] Re: Informal CMake meeting at CPPCon
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-03 16:27:47

On 10/3/17 8:18 AM, Louis Dionne via Boost wrote:
> Boost - Dev mailing list wrote
>> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost
>> <
>
>> boost_at_.boost
>
>> > wrote:
>>> Have you discussed the possibility for the two (Boost.Build and CMake)
>>> to coexist...
>>
>> David Sankel made it pretty clear that in the "final solution", CMake
>> will be mandatory and Boost.Build will be optional. Unless I
>> misunderstood (David, feel free to correct me).
>
> I don't remember anyone making that statement.

Hmmm - I do remember getting that impression though it may not have been
explicitly stated. My reaction was to point out that we didn't have to
address this issue until we actually had a real CMake alternative for
Boost. I think this got us over the hump to where could find some
common ground on something that would move us forward. Of course I
don't remember every word and detail now. But I believe that my
original summary captures the essential sense of the mercifully short
and in my view productive meeting.

Robert Ramey.