Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Thorsten Ottosen (tottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-04 16:24:11

Hi Benedek,

> Please find the benchmark code and results attached. It compares
> serialization of devector/batch_deque/std::vector/std::deque. (I couldn't
> find a ready serializer for Boost.Container). The comparison is not exactly
> fair, because it seems boost/serialization/vector.hpp also adds version
> information. Measurement was done as above.
>
> Brief preview of the full set of attached results:

I was a bit surprised that std::vector performed almost as good as devector.

Then I realized that you are testing serialization "save" and not
serialization "load".

Given that, I'm now surprised that devector/batch_deque is faster than
std::vector for e.g. std::array<char, 32>! I did not expect that.

However, the "load" test should be even more interesting as that is the
one that involves potential double initialization.

Could you post those numbers too?

Thanks in advance

Thorsten