Subject: Re: [boost] [system] Header-only Boost.System by default ?
From: Groke, Paul (paul.groke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-12 08:51:19

You're right. It should work though if it's guaranteed that the module that created an error_code object is still loaded while there's a chance that the object may be accessed. If you add some magic that manages to find an already existing equivalent error_category instance, to solve the "more than one instance" problem, an error_code created in module A might end up referencing the error_category object in module B. Then unloading module B would break error_code objects created by A, which really isn't good.

> Do you know of any example code doing this ?

Doing what exactly?