Subject: Re: [boost] Recommend dropping test coverage on msvc-7.1 and msvc-8.0
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-14 16:43:58

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 12:39 PM, James E. King, III via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> If maintainers of each library want to support more compilers, that is
> acceptable and should be documented in the library docs.
> If maintainers of each library want to support less compilers, that would
> not be acceptable.

Nonsense. The collection is tested against many C++ implementations,
but Hana for example only supports a very small subset of those C++
implementations. That is completely fine. We don't require library
authors to support all the implementations that the collection is
tested against.

Glen