Subject: Re: [boost] [msvc] #warning preprocessor directive
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-17 16:10:41

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 10/17/17 16:14, Edward Diener via Boost wrote:
>

> Maybe someone could promote #warning as an official addition to the C++
>> standard ?
>>

> I think, if it has to be in a standard, it should become part of C first.

Nowadays there is tighter liaison between the C and C++ committees, so if
it gets proposed for C++ it will more-or-less automatically also get
proposed for C.

The C++ committee is really trying to get away from the preprocessor, so my
guess is they would be more interested in Robert's static_warning
suggestion, although they might want to recast even that as some sort of
constexpr function.

--Beman