Subject: Re: [boost] RFC.. Steering Committee Bylaws Proposal
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-18 15:10:53

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 3:33 AM, Paul A. Bristow via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I can understand that you are still spitting feathers about the crass
> handling of B2/Cmake, but this seems a big legalistic sledge
> hammer to try to solve that issue, and others too.

You do know that I could actually care less about what build system Boost
uses? And that has nothing to do with this.

> It is quite reasonable for the Steering Committee to opine that the number
> of users of Boost might be boosted by providing a way to
> use another build tool, but ultimately, the library writers will control
> what happens by voting with their feet, or fingers.

Nah.. Programmers have a long history of accepting edicts about the tools
and methods that others proclaim. And I doubt this will be any different
from that history.

Let's keep muddling on ;-)

Right.. Lets accept what is given without any say on it.

> and Carry On Coding :-)

Sure.. We'll rowing to the drum beat.

--
-- Rene Rivera