Subject: Re: [boost] RFC.. Steering Committee Bylaws Proposal
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-18 23:38:10

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:23 PM, Niall Douglas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > I have to say.. Finding this stuff out now is rapidly decreasing my
> > confidence in the SC and the operation of Boost. It's a sad situation.
> And
> > I'm worried this is just going to implode. I'd really like to find out
> what
> > the rules truly are and what is going on. This is horribly saddening :-(
>
> It took me a while to figure out too. But there is a defined process for
> org change. Routes forward:
>
> 1. You get a demonstrated general consensus here that your proposed
> changes are widely agreed with by the community.
>
> 2. You persuade the SC that consensus by the community on a change
> cannot be reached due to disagreement or apathy, but a decision must be
> made or else it will threaten Boost's future.

I've been fully aware of that process for a long time. That's not the
unwritten rules I was referring to. It's all the other ones, like how they
vote, etc.

I say all of the above from my past four years of dealing with the SC.
> If the above is inaccurate, I am sure SC members will volunteer
> themselves to correct me.

Haha.. Given previous history.. Highly unlikely they will volunteer a
correction ;-)

> But I would say you have a fair chance under
> Route 2.

There's always a third option.

--
-- Rene Rivera