Subject: Re: [boost] RFC.. Steering Committee Bylaws Proposal
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-19 17:32:42

Niall Douglas wrote:
> To solve the optics problem with the SC, I have also in the past asked
> for a formal decision tracking website. Some debate occurred about which
> project management software to use so decisions being pondered
> supreme-court-like by the SC could be subscribed to by interested
> parties. No consensus was arrived at on which software to use, so
> nothing happened.

Surely it doesn't need "project management software". It just needs
that the section called "Recent resolutions" at https://sites.google.com/a/boost.org/steering/
gets updated to include some mention of the CMake decision. (That
is the official page, right?)

I note also that the SC mailing list archive at
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/boost-steering
has no mention of CMake that I can see. So if this were all handled
by some sort of project management software where people could subscribe
to see this discussion, what discussion would they see? (Again, is that
the official list? Why are these things hosted by Google, rather than
by Boost?)

Regards, Phil.