Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.TR1 silently removed with 1.65?
From: James E. King, III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-22 21:04:03

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 1:53 PM, John Maddock via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello !
>>
>> I am experiencing the same problem...
>>
>> Software packages using boost require the TR1 header files in order to
>> build, but the TR1 header files are no longer available in version
>> 1.65.1 !
>>

> Sigh.... it's been deprecated and unmaintained for countless releases. It
> also emphatically does not work with most modern compiler releases. Sorry,
> but it's time to move on.
>
> John.

That said, TR1 support should have been deprecated and then subsequently
removed and documented in the release notes as it is a breaking change.
I don't think I was following closely during the time deprecation would
have occurred, so I can't say whether it happened or not.

Based on recent submissions I made to Boost.Predef and Boost.WinAPI, I know
that deprecation prior to removal is taken very seriously around here.

- Jim