Subject: Re: [boost] Help wanted: Open pull request reminders
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-25 12:19:19

On 25.10.2017 08:10, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Daniel James wrote:
>
>> The problem here is knowing who to email about which repositories.
>> I'd rather not use the library metadata, as I'm sure there are people
>> listed as maintainers who don't want to be pestered with emails.
>
> One might argue that the whole point of adding yourself as a
> maintainer along with an e-mail address is to be pestered with emails
> about the library. :-)

I'd argue that the whole point of adding myself as a maintainer is to
take responsibility for managing the project (including issues, PRs,
etc.) myself.
I certainly don't want to receive any additional emails telling me about
things I'm already fully aware of.

> Although I'd make the reminder monthly rather than weekly. Weekly
> would be a nuisance.

Having the ability to receive such reminders may be useful to some, but
I expect this to be an "opt-in" service, not "opt-out".

Stefan