Subject: Re: [boost] Seems like I need write-access to merge a PR
From: James E. King, III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-10-25 20:42:45

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 4:36 PM, Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 12:50 PM, James E. King, III via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > If however the original author sets up a robust CI environment with code
> > coverage metrics, the CMT would be able to understand what expectations
> > for quality submissions are at a minimum. This can be further improved
> with
> > ... -fsanitize type builds and valgrind-type builds.
>
> Beast has code coverage:
>
> <https://codecov.io/gh/boostorg/beast/branch/master>
>
> And per-commit sanitizer builds on CI:
>
> <https://travis-ci.org/vinniefalco/beast/jobs/292759959#L2812>
>
> And per-commit valgrind builds on CI:
>
> <https://travis-ci.org/vinniefalco/beast/jobs/292759958#L1399>
>
> On Travis the tests are run with gdb so in the event of a failure a
> stacktrace is generated.

Nice! It would be neat to have valgrind as a standard bjam build option,
as a
test wrapper. I haven't used codecov.io yet, but I would like to. I tried
to use
coveralls but it didn't generate any coverage for header-only libraries?

Thanks,

- Jim