Subject: Re: [boost] [foreach][polygon][xpressive][bimap][ptr_container][gil][assign][typeof][msm] PRs for removing executable attribute for files
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-04 15:54:17

Edward Diener wrote:
> I do wish that the Boost Steering Committee would be more proactive in
> encouraging C++ programmers who might be good enough to maintain a Boost
> library to do so, when they post on the list about having an interest in
> Boost. More libraries placed in CMT is not a viable long-term solution
> because of the limited numbers of developers in the CMT group.

On the contrary. A library should always be placed in CMT first before being
given to a new maintainer. Once a person emerges whose pull requests to the
library demonstrate ability and long-term willingness to maintain it, the
library may be handed over to him. Not before.

The CMT's primary task should be to merge pull requests. Not that much
manpower is required.