Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Rethinking feature macros?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-06 22:11:06

>> OK, can you give me a specific macro that the compiler defines?
>
> One of us is confused, Niall, because I just added all of the SD-6
> macros to config_info, and none of them showed up on msvc-14.1 with any
> of /std:c++14, c++17, or latest.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/191
>
> Either I'm doing something wrong, or you're in a possession of a
> super-secret build.

Heh!

No, I confirm your findings. __has_include() works. Otherwise nothing
else seems to, at least as far as VS2017.3.

It must have been the case that my cpp_feature.h was being pulled in by
some dependency, and thus it *appeared* to be working on MSVC.

Which is a very good illustration of why your idea is a bad one Peter.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting