Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-16 15:21:26

On 16 November 2017 at 15:10, Peter Dimov via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>>
>> It looks like we falsely assume the compiler understands C++11 and thus
>> use attempt to use std::integral_constant. Could it be that the conditional
>> in
>> https://github.com/boostorg/python/blob/develop/include/boost/python/detail/type_traits.hpp#L10-L11
>> is wrong ?
>

> You should probably be checking BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_TYPE_TRAITS there unless
> you have a specific reason not to do so.

Yes, but I think the error is because it doesn't understand the C++11
type alias. Better to use:

typedef std::integral_constant<bool, true> true_;
typedef std::integral_constant<bool, false> false_;

According to MSDN, std::integral_constant was in Visual Studio 2008,
which is Visual C++ 9.