Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-16 16:16:19

On 16.11.2017 10:21, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> On 16 November 2017 at 15:10, Peter Dimov via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>>> It looks like we falsely assume the compiler understands C++11 and thus
>>> use attempt to use std::integral_constant. Could it be that the conditional
>>> in
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/python/blob/develop/include/boost/python/detail/type_traits.hpp#L10-L11
>>> is wrong ?
>>
>> You should probably be checking BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_TYPE_TRAITS there unless
>> you have a specific reason not to do so.
> Yes, but I think the error is because it doesn't understand the C++11
> type alias. Better to use:
>
> typedef std::integral_constant<bool, true> true_;
> typedef std::integral_constant<bool, false> false_;
>
> According to MSDN, std::integral_constant was in Visual Studio 2008,
> which is Visual C++ 9.

OK, thanks. I have committed
https://github.com/boostorg/python/commit/b9d0d974995d2ed6a7aeed877ee4d8ab0a5b26cf
and will merge to master once the change cycles through a round of
tests. (I have to admit that I find it extremely daunting to navigate
the online test matrix. There are so many false positives that it's hard
to spot actual failures.)

Regards,

Stefan