Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-08 12:10:21

Hello,

I'd like to report again an issue with the Windows binary packages that
is still present with the 1.66.0 release (candidate). The issue is
reported to the Boost.Python bug tracker at
https://github.com/boostorg/python/issues/129, though I don't think I
can address it there.
In the Windows binary package the libboost_python3 library is built
against (and links with) python2. I can't reproduce this myself when
building Boost the normal way, and I don't know who owns the logic for
building Windows binary packages. It doesn't seem to have its own repo /
issue tracker.
The fix might thus affect some piece of code that isn't itself part of
the release. But it would be great if someone could look into it soon
anyhow. :-)

Regards,

Stefan