Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-08 13:32:31

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 6:10 AM, Stefan Seefeld via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to report again an issue with the Windows binary packages that
> is still present with the 1.66.0 release (candidate). The issue is
> reported to the Boost.Python bug tracker at
> https://github.com/boostorg/python/issues/129, though I don't think I
> can address it there.
> In the Windows binary package the libboost_python3 library is built
> against (and links with) python2. I can't reproduce this myself when
> building Boost the normal way, and I don't know who owns the logic for
> building Windows binary packages. It doesn't seem to have its own repo /
> issue tracker.
> The fix might thus affect some piece of code that isn't itself part of
> the release. But it would be great if someone could look into it soon
> anyhow. :-)

I've got the logic for the windows builds here:
https://github.com/teeks99/boost-release-windows/

I'm baffled by why this is happening. I'm including both python 2 and 3
paths in user-config.jam:
https://github.com/teeks99/boost-release-windows/blob/master/user-config.jam.template

Is there anything else I should be doing for the python build?

Tom