Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Release Candidate 2
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-15 11:47:59

> I was expecting the updates to config to be included in 1.66.0.

How?  Our release process was started before 15.5 was released, and the
configuration changes are not especially trivial - and we're still
without a volunteer running the regression tests for 15.5 so while I'm
reasonably sure they don't break the libraries that depend on those
macros since I tested before and after changes against develop, I
confess I'm less sure what happens when we integrate everything to master.

BTW, changes to config are just the tip of the iceberg: I suspect 15.5
in C++17 /permissive- mode will break quite a few libraries given that
things that were in the std have now been removed.

In short, have a complete Boost release that fully supports 15.5
requires quite a bit of work.  In the mean time, I'm sure PR's against
effected libraries would be welcome!

John.

---
http://www.avg.com