Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Release Candidate 2
From: Olaf van der Spek (ml_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-15 12:33:50

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 12:47 PM, John Maddock via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> I was expecting the updates to config to be included in 1.66.0.
>

> How? Our release process was started before 15.5 was released, and the

A preview of 15.5 was released October 11 @
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/10/11/productivity-structure-visualizer-ctrl-click-to-go-to-definition/
This was posted to the list a day later.

> configuration changes are not especially trivial - and we're still without a
> volunteer running the regression tests for 15.5 so while I'm reasonably sure

Who runs the tests for other MSVC versions? Was there a call for volunteers?
Is there a page that explains this process?

> they don't break the libraries that depend on those macros since I tested
> before and after changes against develop, I confess I'm less sure what
> happens when we integrate everything to master.

> BTW, changes to config are just the tip of the iceberg: I suspect 15.5 in
> C++17 /permissive- mode will break quite a few libraries given that things
> that were in the std have now been removed.

Probably, but /permissive- isn't required (yet).
That stuff has been deprecated for a while as well, how come action
wasn't taken?

--
Olaf