Subject: Re: [boost] Potential Boost SAX library
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-09 18:18:53

On 09.01.2018 12:36, Oliver Adams via Boost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if a library I'm developing would be of value to the
> Boost community. It is basically an event-driven parsing/serialization
> library for common formats using a standard internal representation or
> simple pass-through conversions. Would anyone be interested in
> something like this being added to Boost?

As you are mentioning SAX, do you have XML in mind ? I once developed a
C++ wrapper around existing XML C APIs (both, DOM and SAX), with the
intent of eventually submitting it to Boost, but never found the energy
to finish this. (I started a couple of discussions on this list, and do
have some working code here: https://github.com/stefanseefeld/boost.xml)
How does your library compare to that ? I'm not sure there would still
be any interest in XML APIs in Boost at this point in time. But if so, I
believe it's best to start with something like that rather than invent
yet another "XML-like" tool.

Best,

Stefan