Subject: Re: [boost] [release notes] Linking to github issues/pull requests
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-12 12:23:23

On 12.01.2018 06:36, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added templates for linking to github issues and pull requests
> from the release notes. There are two templates:
>
> [github module number] which expands to '#number'
> [github_pr module number] which expands to 'PR#number'.
>
> Both will be linked, they need the name of the module to link to the
> right place.
>
> We only really need the issue template as github redirects to the pull
> request if appropriate, but existing release notes have been using the
> PR#3 format, so I thought it should support that.
>
> You can see an example in the unordered release notes for 1.67.0:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_67_0.qbk
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/in_progress.html
>
> Does that look okay?

Anything that increases the coupling between boost projects worries me.
I think this proposal would work much better if it was used to generate
per-project release notes. Nothing speaks against linking to per-project
release-notes from a single boost release document. but the logic to
syndicate that information shouldn't lead to more coupling.

Stefan