Subject: Re: [boost] clang-format file
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-23 14:19:27

On 23 January 2018 at 15:09, Hans Dembinski via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Damian,
>
>> On 23. Jan 2018, at 14:48, Damian Vicino via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I only expected very basic things to be declared like, how many
>> spaces for indentation, braces positions (next line or same line),
>> underscore_separated_names and not camelCase.
>
> as far as I remember, there are no official rules on style

There is basic rules set

http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html
http://www.boost.org/development/header.html

> One consistent thing it noticed, is a preference of underscore_separated_names over camelCase in Boost.

This aspect is actually specified in the rules linked above.

> You probably want to follow this, because that is also the style of the C++ stdlib.

Rather, because that is Boost requirement (as per the rules).

Some Boost libraries extended the rules and developed more specific guidelines,
for example https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/wiki/Guidelines-for-Developers

Best regards,