Subject: Re: [boost] clang-format file
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-25 12:51:02

Hi Mateusz,

> On 23. Jan 2018, at 15:19, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> as far as I remember, there are no official rules on style

thank you for correcting my sloppy answer. I thought of style more narrowly as where to put braces and white space, but of course there are several reasonable rules about the structure of headers. I was mostly remembering this bit from

> http://www.boost.org/development/header.html <http://www.boost.org/development/header.html>

"The alert reader will have noticed that the sample header <http://www.boost.org/development/header.html#SampleHeader> employs a certain coding style for indentation, positioning braces, commenting ending braces, and similar formatting issues. These stylistic issues are viewed as personal preferences and are not part of the Boost Header Policy."

Best regards,
Hans