Subject: [boost] [gsoc18] Interested in adding statistics and machine learning functions to Boost.uBLAS and Seeking for mentors
From: Kanch (kanchisme_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-28 04:15:19

Dear community:

    My name is Long Zhang,currently in my third year of college. As subject
suggests, I'm interested in adding statistics and machine learning
functions to Boost.uBLAS library.

    I've basic knowledge of statistics (which I have been thought in
school) and Machine Learning, I learned Machine Learning by Andrew Ng on
Coursera, and I have tried to implement algorithms like PCA,LDA,K-means in
Python, therefore, I think it won't be a problem if I have to implements it
in C++. BTW, I have use C++ since my Senior High. Except components
mentioned in wiki, I think I can also implement algorithms like
KNN,Logistic Regression, even SVM during the summer. I also understand the
efficiency of these algorithms is what matters, I will try hard to
implement it as fast as it can.

   I know I have do some kind of programming competency test. When should I
start? I mean I haven't find a mentor, don't know who should I contact if I
finish the test. Can someone mentoring me? We can then talk about the test
and code I used written in C++(open source code in C++) to check if I'm
qualified to this project.

Thank you.

Best,

Long