Subject: Re: [boost] Fwd: [review] Review of Outcome v2 (Fri-19-Jan to Sun-28-Jan, 2018)
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-28 22:44:49

> On 28 January 2018 at 16:01, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira <
> vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I don't know boost::cnv::spirit. Can you briefly describe it? Do you
>> register the callbacks/actions and let it take care of separating success
>> case and failures case?
>>

> Boost.Spirit does a lot (most of it over my pay-grade), but you'll get the
> gist of the bit I was referring to here
> <http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_66_0/libs/convert/doc/html/boost_convert/getting_started/flexibility_and_adaptability_to_change.html>

Okay, it is very beautiful. It has plenty of options. You can set precision
on floating point conversion and so on, plenty and plenty of options... and
how does this add to the topic?

The most I can see about error handling is a throwing value function and a
`value_or` function. Do you want a `value_or` function? Is this what you're
trying to tell us? If I understood correctly, previous Outcome version had
monadic operations (which is much more complex than a value_or function)
and I'm pretty confident it provided something like that (maybe under the
name unwrap_or). Boost.Outcome will provide that for free to any facility
you're going to implement. Be it lexical conversion of what not.

Can you elaborate on your point? If I'm left alone I'll miss your point.
It's becoming confusing the more you go.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/