Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 / C++11 compatibility question for compiled libraries
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-08 23:22:51

On 8 February 2018 at 17:11, Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Given that those servers are used by millions of people, you may want to
> count again.

Well, no, there probably is for all those servers, just 1 compiled version
(with distributed copies) of boost (or any library).

In all segments except desktop/laptop, Linux or Android is in the lead.

Again, Android for me counts as 1 user (apart from the fact we're not
talking C or C++ anymore), as 99.99999999% of Android users wouldn't know
what a software library is, they know what "like" means, though!

> So one way or the other, most likely you're using Linux somehow.

Yes, in my router.

> Anyway, this is going into offtopic/flamewar territory.

As long as it's civilized, it's like sitting in the pub, and discuss the
issues of the world over a couple of beers (or vodkas, what you prefer), no
harm in that...

degski