Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 / C++11 compatibility question for compiled libraries
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-11 03:20:40

>> Moving to using a C++11 compliant compiler is not a big step IMO,
>
> It is if you use MSVC because there isn't one yet. :-)

I've been deliberately adding nothing to this thread ... but this is
unfair. VS2017.5 implements enough of C++ 14, let alone C++ 11, that
little code not relying on the correctness of preprocessor would notice
the deficiencies from the standard. Even two phase lookup mostly seems
to work now.

See
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/12/19/c17-progress-in-vs-2017-15-5-and-15-6/,
where apparently very soon now one will be able to turn on their
experimental C99 preprocessor implementation which surely will either
make Edward very happy, or unhappy depending.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting