Subject: Re: [boost] [release notes] Linking to github issues/pull requests
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-14 12:15:00

On 14.02.2018 03:57, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> On 14 February 2018 at 01:36, Stefan Seefeld via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> What's the state of this new feature ? What do I need to do to use it in
>> my own documentation ? (I have no idea what boost's "release notes
>> infrastructure" is. Where can I read about it ?)
> They're just quickbook templates defined for the release notes, you
> can do the same in your own documentation. You can see the definitions
> at:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/712117cf664d99efe76539fa180a44c7bacd78ef/feed/ext.qbk#L48
>
> They use escaped docbook because older versions of quickbook didn't
> support template parameters in links. Quickbook 1.7 does (you're using
> it if you have a [quickbook 1.7] tag at the start of your file), so
> they're easier to define there, I've attached an example.

I see these templates are defined in `website/feed/ext.qbk`. How or when
is that source being pulled into the documentation ? (That's presumably
what you are referring to as "release notes infrastructure" ?)

As I mentioned in a prior reply in this thread, I'd really like to be
able to use such features in my projects' own documentation, i.e. as
part of a regular documentation build, which has no notion of the above
`website` code. But that would only work if such templates would become
part of `quickbook` itself, rather than being integrated into a separate
boost module such as `website`.
(Of course, in this particular case the templates are so simple I can
just clone them into my own doc infrastructure.)

Thanks,

Stefan