Subject: Re: [boost] Legal problem with Stackoverflow contribution under the "Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0" license
From: Dominique CHABAUD (dchabaud63_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-20 07:55:47

Hi Niall,
Yes, you're right, most of developers are not lawyers. The company I work
for did a Third Party dependency scan of all our code. It was done by a
company specialized in code check and the report was analyzed by a lawyer
office specialized in copyright, licences, IP... They confirmed that this
Boost contribution could be a problem at a court. Fortunately we do not use
this contribution directly and our Dev team checked that the link step did
not include it in our executable files.
Dominique