Subject: Re: [boost] Fwd: [gsoc18] Boost.Detour & Mentor Search
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-22 01:46:40

> - The author must have decided to take down the repo very recently.
> Here's a mirror that I have: https://github.com/
> michaelkiros/hadesmem/tree/master/include/memory/hadesmem/local
> <https://github.com/michaelkiros/hadesmem/tree/master/include/memory/hadesmem/local>

I wouldn't call this mirror. I suppose there was at least a README file in
the original repo.

> - I've added two use cases inside of the proposal and updated the PDF
> file

What is the expected steps to use this library to inspect proprietary
applications? The interface only hints me on how to use it to inspect
proprietary DLLs.

> - I haven't thought of a detailed timeline yet but as a draft it would
> go something like this:
>

> 1. Work on setting up the project (includes setting up dependencies
> for disassembly, run time assembly etc.)
> 2. Start working on an abstract class that describes the most basic
> detour type
> 3. Start working on the very first detour implementation using byte
> patch

What exactly is a detour type?

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira