Subject: Re: [boost] [graph][graph_parallel][disjoint_sets] Of dependencies and "pending" libraries.
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-21 14:55:56

On 4/21/2018 9:08 AM, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
> In the process of creating Conan packages I ran into the rather strange
> "disjoint_sets" library. It's a library that has been "pending" for 18
> years, AFAICT. I don't know what a pending status means for this. But for
> creating modular packages it means it's a giant PITA to deal with the the
> interdependencies of "disjoint_sets", "graph", and "graph_parallel". What I
> want to know is:
>
> 1. What is this hidden "disjoint_sets" library/module that only has two
> headers?
> 2. Why isn't "disjoint_sets" in the "graph" library tree, especially given
> that it's not an official library (AFAICT)?
> 3. Why is "graph_parallel" not in the "graph" library also?

I do not know anything about disjoint_sets but graph_parallel was
separated from graph because it represented depencendies which a user of
graph need not have. BTW the maintainer of graph and graph_parallel has
been absent for a long time now so maybe someone else would be willing
to take over maintenance of both.