Subject: Re: [boost] [graph][graph_parallel][disjoint_sets] Of dependencies and "pending" libraries.
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-21 15:41:59

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018, 9:56 AM Edward Diener via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On 4/21/2018 9:08 AM, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
> > In the process of creating Conan packages I ran into the rather strange
> > "disjoint_sets" library. It's a library that has been "pending" for 18
> > years, AFAICT. I don't know what a pending status means for this. But for
> > creating modular packages it means it's a giant PITA to deal with the the
> > interdependencies of "disjoint_sets", "graph", and "graph_parallel".
> What I
> > want to know is:
> >
> > 1. What is this hidden "disjoint_sets" library/module that only has two
> > headers?
> > 2. Why isn't "disjoint_sets" in the "graph" library tree, especially
> given
> > that it's not an official library (AFAICT)?
> > 3. Why is "graph_parallel" not in the "graph" library also?
> >

> I do not know anything about disjoint_sets

Okay.. I'll try and submit some PRs to move it soon.

but graph_parallel was
> separated from graph because it represented depencendies which a user of
> graph need not have.

That almost makes sense ;-) I say that because graph depends on
graph_parallel. I know it doesn't if you don't happen to include some
specific headers. But we've already gone over the module level dependency
discussions.

BTW the maintainer of graph and graph_parallel has
> been absent for a long time now so maybe someone else would be willing
> to take over maintenance of both.

I'll see if I can write up a post requesting maintainers.

Rene.