Subject: Re: [boost] Seeking help to build GitHub forks on AppVeyor and Travis
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-22 07:57:22

On 21/04/2018 21:19, Cromwell Enage via Boost wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> 1. Is this the right mailing list to seek help for building forks of Boost
> library modules on GitHub? If not, which mailing list should I bring the
> next questions to?
>
> 2. On my Boost.Parameter fork, one of the AppVeyor jobs gets cut off after
> 1 hour. How do I split the job into several jobs, one for each compiler or
> smaller set of compilers?

One per compiler is easy - see
https://github.com/boostorg/type_traits/blob/develop/appveyor.yml for an
example.

In extreme cases, that might not be enough of a split, in which case you
can split the tests for each compiler into multiple chunks as well:
https://github.com/boostorg/math/blob/develop/.travis.yml

> 3. The Boost.MultiArray project on GitHub doesn't have AppVeyor or Travis
> configuration files, so I created a couple for my fork based on the ones
> that exist in Boost.Parameter. The AppVeyor jobs error out because they
> don't recognize the compile-fail rule when running the Jamfile script. Any
> clues as to what I'm missing?

No, but make sure the Jamfile has

import testing ;

and that Boost.Build is installed.

> 4. On my Boost.MultiArray fork, one of the Travis jobs builds fine, but the
> other fails because <boost/array.hpp> is not found. Has anyone else run
> into this issue? If so, what was your workaround?

You have a dependency not installed, the

- python tools/boostdep/depinst/depinst.py library_name

line should take care of this - did you forget to update the library
name in that part?

HTH, John.