Subject: Re: [boost] [doc] Libraries Listed by C++ standard
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-27 17:19:34

On 2018-04-27 11:39 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:
> On 27 April 2018 at 16:56, Robert Ramey via Boost<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 4/27/18 2:00 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:
>>> Since each Boost library seems/is free to decide
>>> about which C++ standard they require,
>>> would it be useful to start tagging each library
>>> with standard in the release notes and docs?
>>>
>>> Perhaps new "by by C++ standard" listing could be
>>> added in herehttps://www.boost.org/libs/
>> What I would like to see is a page for each library similar to those
>> maintained in the incubator:http://blincubator.com/alphabetically/.
>> This would give one place have all the information about a library.
> I assume you mean a page like this, eg.
> http://blincubator.com/bi_library/range-io/?gform_post_id=1315
> It would be nice to have such library 'certificate'.
>
> However, I was aiming for simple yet very useful tag,
> something that I could help to get done myself.
> The fully-featured solution would be beyond my current capacity.

We already have a mechanism that seems to offer the needed hook: each
library has a "meta" file with certain metadata, so the info you are
asking for could be easily added there.
Then someone with the right skills to improve the website could inspect
those metadata and produce the appropriate formatting.

Stefan