Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in a tiny kmeans library
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-05-12 08:39:47

Le 12/05/2018 à 06:38, Dattatreya Mohapatra a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have proposed to provide an implementation of KMeans under uBLAS, as
> part of my GSoC project this summer. Currently, I am working on
> designing the API, and have not implemented anything.
>
> *My thoughts*:
> I have proposed to implement a very basic form of kmeans, with three
> types of initializations - random, kmeans++, Brady-Fayyad. It would be
> great if we can work together to integrate your implementation as well.
>
> It would be helpful if we get inputs from David and Sharique (my
> mentors) on how to proceed with this.
>
> Regards,
> Dattatreya Mohapatra
> ‌

Hi,

I haven't seen the GSoC proposal, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
We have already a design and code that works, and the implementation is
using an efficient algorithm. We have also the kmeans++ initialization
but not the Brady-Fayyad (I am interested in any pointers).
Also I think this would be better used outside of uBlas, because kmeans
has a very general use case. The implementation that we have has no
dependency other than STL.

We are ready to release/integrate (test, doc, benchmarks are here), and
this is why I am asking if there is an interest and how to proceed.
So let's work together on this if you want.

Raffi