Subject: [boost] Boost multiprecision differential fuzzer running on Google's oss-fuzz
From: Guido Vranken (guidovranken_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-05-25 15:55:38

Dear list,

I built a bignum differential fuzzer [1] that has been running on
Google's oss-fuzz service [2] for a while. It performs the same
mathematical operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
modular exponentation, etc) across multiple bignum libraries (eg.
OpenSSL + Boost multiprecision), compares their results and crashes if
they don't match. This effort has so far found a couple of (minor)
bugs in OpenSSL and Go.

As soon as a mismatch is found, oss-fuzz will send a notification
e-mail to the developers of the various bignum libraries so the bug
can be examined and resolved. At which e-mail address(es) do the
developers of Boost wish to receive these notifications? Please bear
in mind that the notifications will contain potentially
security-sensitive information so the recipient may not be a public
mailing list. Currently, a potential bug is found only every couple of
weeks, so recipients do not have to worry about a lot of incoming
traffic.
If you wish to write comments to the fuzzer's private bug tracker, the
e-mail you specify must be linked to a Google account.

To all others who are reading this, please feel welcome to submit pull
requests to the Boost multiprecision module of my fuzzer [3] if these
modifications increase the scope (code coverage) and probability of
finding bugs.

Thanks,

Guido

[1] https://github.com/guidovranken/bignum-fuzzer