Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Serialization] Crash in current master (1.68)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-11 15:50:03

On 7/11/18 12:11 AM, Alexander Grund via Boost wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with the release of 1.68 beta I want to push this again. Have you tried
> the example I sent around?
Sorry, I haven't had time to investigate this.

> For me it did which makes me consider this as a showstopper and I would
> like to propose again to simply revert the last change to the version
> with the memory leak which is way less serious than a crash. Of course
> merging my fix would be preferred as it fixes all problems but it seems
> that the review of that might take to long for 1.68.
The problem is that I don't see any connection between your proposed
change and the failed test. I'm not disputing that your change makes a
problematic symptom go away. But I haven't been able to invest enough
time to really understand why that might be so.

The whole issue of dynamically loaded DLLS/shared libraries has been a
festering sore for at least 20 years now. It's undefined by the
standard and the committee has not seen fit to address it. Sorry it just
takes time to get this right.

Robert Ramey