Subject: Re: [boost] [boostbook] cleanup / modernization
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-18 15:29:48

Although I am keen 'keep-up-to-date' man, in this case some caution is necessary.

Even when the toolchain was being developed, some newer versions didn't work.

The PDF generated was particularly troublesome and we are still using RenderX kindly provided free;
In reality only a handful of people can generate PDF versions.

Since Boost has copies of all the necessary packages of code, we need not worry too much about the original sources being
unavailable.

So in this case, I feel that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies.

If effort is available (and I don't see much), then developing an entirely new tool chain is where to put it.
Extracting information from Doxygen-syntax comments using Clang compile tools and automatically produce docs is surely the way to
go.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow