Subject: Re: [boost] Trac
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-31 09:17:42

On 2018-07-31 04:42 AM, Paul A. Bristow via Boost wrote:
> +1 to closed for new issues - but preferably allow continued write for existing open issues,
> and keeping read access for all issues (so that links to issues in release notes still work).

Keeping the trac instance accessible "for the record" is certainly fine.
But I'd keep it read-only, to encourage everyone to migrate to github.
It's trivial to migrate open issues. Or do we want to wait another ten
years before concluding the migration ?
The same argument holds for the wiki, by the way: I suggest we make the
trac wiki read-only, so whenever someone wants to add or change info, it
should be seen as an invitation to migrate. A few years ago I have
started to migrate a few pages to github. But as long as the trac wiki
isn't read-only, this migration will never conclude...

Stefan