Subject: Re: [boost] Trac
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-07-31 09:31:57

On 31 July 2018 at 11:17, Stefan Seefeld via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 2018-07-31 04:42 AM, Paul A. Bristow via Boost wrote:
>>
>> +1 to closed for new issues - but preferably allow continued write for
>> existing open issues,
>> and keeping read access for all issues (so that links to issues in release
>> notes still work).
>

> Keeping the trac instance accessible "for the record" is certainly fine. But
> I'd keep it read-only, to encourage everyone to migrate to github.
> It's trivial to migrate open issues.

Do you mean Trac to GitHub migration, automated or manual?

BTW, for GIL specifically, this should not be necessary as I'm in the middle
of overhaul reviewing and closing *all* GIL issues dangling on Trac
- to be completed once 1.68 release is out.

> The same argument holds for the wiki, by the way: I suggest we make the trac
> wiki read-only, so whenever someone wants to add or change info, it should
> be seen as an invitation to migrate.

+1

Best regards,