Subject: Re: [boost] Trac
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-02 08:23:59

> On 1. Aug 2018, at 22:47, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> I see 4 alternatives:
>
> a) stay with track and require developers to use trac and only trac
> b) require only github issues and convert all the old trac tickets to github.
> c) choose trac for all new issues but leave the old issues in trac so no one has to convert them
>
> d) let each library developer select which of the above he wants to do.

e) Close trac for new tickets (as we are doing). Provide a script (like Roberts) that automatically transfers issues from trac to github for library maintainers that want to do that. Change the web pages everywhere to only point to github for issues. After a grace period of a few months, turn of trac. Maintainers who care about the old tickets will have moved them, others get rid of all the old and possibly outdated tickets and get a nice clean start.