Subject: Re: [boost] Moving wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-02 08:18:36

On 2 August 2018 at 10:09, Stefan Seefeld via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 2018-08-02 03:59 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:
>>
>> Paul Bristow suggested [1]
>>
>> "We might also re-host this document somewhere on github/boostorg?"
>>
>> [1] https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2018/07/242617.php
>>
>> I'd like to edit and move the wiki page away from Trac.
>>
>> IMHO, it is reasonable to host it not on GitHub wiki but
>> on boost.org along other guidelines, for example, at
>> https://www.boost.org/development/warnings.html
>>
>> - It is easy to update website via pull requests.
>> - Any updates would be a subject of some review at least
>>
>> Thoughts? Objections?
>
> I don't think this is a good idea, as it contributes to the proliferation of
> locations to look for to find information (or to contribute updates), which
> will also result in duplicate (in the best case) or contradictory (in the
> worst case) information.

You've lost me.
I'm suggesting *single* place to maintain all the common Boost development
guidelines, namely boost.org.

> Ideally, boost.org should consist of a *very* small
> number of static pages (a hub, really) with links to other pages, such as
> project-specific websites (e.g. http://boostorg.github.io/>),

Clearly, we have a hierarchy of the recommendations here:
- common guidelines
- library-specific guidelines based on/extending the common ones

I'm talking about common guidelines here, not the library-specific ones.