Subject: [boost] A possible date for dropping c++03 support
From: Mike Dev (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-08-26 02:42:48

For me it means that

- a contributor can use c++11 language and library features
  (be it the library maintainer or someone else opening a PR
  on Github)

- A user (external or internal) may no longer expect a boost library
  to compile with a compiler not supporting c++11 (and we can have a
  discussion just which compilers that are) or when he tries
  to compile it in c++03 language mode (e.g. -std=c++03)

Is that definition precise enough?
What other definition did you have in mind (if any)?

If that is your concern:
I would certainly not expect that you start ripping out the guts
of an old, battle proven library and replace everything with c++11
features just for the fun of it. However, next time a feature is
added or a bug has to be fixed, you no longer have to restrict
yourself to c++03.
And maybe, over time, some people will contribute patches that
simplify / improve a library by replacing some complex c++03 solutions
with simpler c++11 solutions when applicable.

Best

Mike